Tuesday 23 October 2012

Parents consider the value of Twitter during the presidential #debates

Moms Party and Random Court Photos 023.jpg
Editor's note: Social media has changed how many innovative educators have watched important current events such as the presidential debates. What about their parents?


Guest post by Jennifer Bond @teambond

As I watched the Presidential Debate at my parent’s house with my iPad as a companion I opened up TweetCaster and started reading the tweets from my personal learning network (PLN) as well as from those tweeting with the hashtag #debate.  

As the debate began I shared some Tweets with my parents who acknowledged them but didn’t really say much.  As the debate progressed I shared some more tweets. My mom seemed intrigued and took my iPad.  She read through the feed and was excited to find a commonality with my Tweeps sharing, “I said that same thing a couple minutes ago!”  “Yes mom,” I replied. “Twitter allows you to validate your thoughts.”
I want more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment