Tuesday 19 March 2013

Happy Birthday to The Innovative Educator! You are 5 today, March 19th.

It was exactly five years ago today that The Innovative Educator took its first step in an effort to publicly become a part of the conversation on learning innovatively. As I shared in my post Why I started a blog and why maybe you should too, this blog was born in great part due to the prodding of blogevangelist Will Richardson who I have since named my Blogfather. It was Will who I would run into at events and conferences who would ask, “Have you started sharing your ideas on a blog yet?” and who would write, “if you want your ideas to resonate with me and to be taken seriously, don’t just talk. Engage. Publish. Converse.” I took Will’s advice and like any proud parent, I can say I’ve learned so much from the experience of giving birth to this new creation that has developed a purposeful and professional digital footprint consisting of more than 1400  entries.

Now, when I'm Googled, it is me and my blog that comes up on the front page. And, there are all sorts of other important footprints that The Innovative Educator has made. Its print is left on the front page of Google searches like: Cell phones, Homeschooling, Facebook, Passion-Driven Learning, Twitter in Education, College myth, Personal Learning Networks, Social media, ADD, Digital footprints, BYOD, and more.

Here are some of my favorite posts of the year:
I want more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment