Tuesday 1 October 2013

Do you censor or ban? Here are 6 reasons not to.

Editor's note:  Today is the first day of what U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan has named Connected Educator Month.  The U.S. Department of Education’s Connected Educators initiative seeks to celebrate and encourage educators at all levels to collaborate and participate in online learning resources and communities. This piece was written to support this initiative.


Social media sites such as Facebook, Google +, Twitter, and blogs are terrific venues for the exchange of ideas, opinions and viewpoints. I’m deeply invested in this means of group dialog myself;  I participate in online interaction daily on such platforms. I also moderate discussions in groups that number in the thousands. These platforms provide an invaluable tool to discover new ideas and share my own, give and get opinions and find different viewpoints.
I want more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment